UNEP Global Survey for Sustainable Lifestyles
The Global Survey for Sustainable Lifestyles, ‘Visions for Change’ was release recently in India in three different functions held at New Delhi and Hyderabad. The activities were jointly organised by CMS India and Venkatesh Trust for Education and Excellence.
||Media Release of GSSL
||June 2 (Evening)
||Workshop on Sustainable Lifestyle and Report release
||June 23 (Evening)
||Presentation on GSSL
||June 24 (Evening)
Details of the Programmes:
Release of ‘GSSL-Vision for Change”
June 2: New Delhi
The GSSL report “Visions for Change” was released on June 2, 2011 at PVR Plaza, New Delhi. It was attended by more than 350 people from different walks of life.
Guests and speakers
- Mr M F Farooqui, IAS, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests, GoI
- Ms Kiran Mehra-Kerpelman, Director United Nations Information Centre (UNIC)
- Ms Alexandra Solovieva, Deputy Country Director – Programme UNDP
- Mr Pramod Arora, Group President & CEO PVR Ltd
- Professor Dr Vimala Veeraraghavan, Venkatesh Trust for Education and Excellence
- Dr J Veeraraghavan, Director, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
- Ms P N Vasanti, Director CMS
- Mr Naresh Bedi, eminent wildlife filmmaker
‘Visions for Change’ report release was part of the UNEP World Environment Day 2011 celebrations. It was released during the inaugural ceremony of Biodiversity Film Festival on June 2, organised by CMS Environment and hosted by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, GOI as part of the WED 2011 celebrations. The report was released jointly by Venkatesh Trust for Education and Excellence and CMS India. It was followed by the premier of Mr Naresh Bedi’s film ‘Project Tiger: Ensuring Survival”.
A media kit in the form of a CD was distributed to the media personnel. It consisted of the Press Release, Executive summary of the report and Country specific studies. In addition hard copy of the Press Release as well as India specific study was also distributed.
June 23: Hyderabad
Workshop “Sustainable environment, media and youth”
As part of the second pahse of the release of GSSL report “Visions for Change” a workshop “Sustainable environment, media and youth” was organised on June 23, 2011 at Press Club Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. It was attended by more than 100 youngsters from different walks of life. In the workshop the speakers called upon youth to adapt to the ‘greener ways' of lifestyles to mitigate the impending environmental degradation. The workshop was followed by an interactive session with the participants.
Following speakers participated in the workshop:
- Ms C S Rama Lakshmi IFS, Addl Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Andhra Pradesh
- Mr Veda Kumar, President, Forum for Better Hyderabad
- Dr J Veera Raghavan, Director, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi
- Ms P N Vasanti, Director, CMS
- Ms Hema Surapaneni, Head Mistress, Phoenix Green International School, Hyderabad
- Ms Saraswati Rama ( In charge Features, Namaste Telangana)
- Mr Jayaprakash Nambaru (Green Planet Vision)
A media kit in the form of a CD was distributed to the media personnel. A Press Release in the regional language (Telugu) was also released.
June 24: New Delhi
Presentation on “GSSL-Visions for Change”
As part of the third pahse of the release of GSSL report, a power point presentation was given by Prof Veeraraghavan, Director, Venkatesh Trust for Education and Excellence at Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML), New Delhi. She talked about the survey done in India and the outcome and recommendations that have come out in the Global Survey on Sustainable Lifestyle.